Saturday, November 17, 2012

Goodie Making Day

For the past few months I have been experimenting with cooking and baking. One particular afternoon I got the privilege of having a sweet little helper in the kitchen. We spent the afternoon making a few different goodies.

Hard at work smashing those bananas

Our pile of sweet ingredients

I got her face all floured up for her 

Ready for the oven
Look at our mess! I am not a clean as you go cook or baker. I prefer to do the work and then clean up while its cooking.





This is how baby helped, she sat in the highchair and was a taste tester
.



One of the recipes we made that day was... Homemade BUTTERFINGERS!


Simplest recipe I've ever made, and they turned out delightful. Not an exact match for the Nestle made bar but none the less sweet, flaky, crunchy butterfinger goodness.

1 lb. candy corn
16oz jar peanut butter (I used Peter Pan peanut butter)
16oz pkg. chocolate candy coating

Spray large glass bowl with a nonstick spray. Melt candy corn in bowl in the microwave on high 1 minute. Stir and continue cooking in 15-second intervals till melted, stirring after each interval. Stir in peanut butter. Line a 8x8 pan with wax or parchment paper using extra so it sicks up from the pan. Spread mixture in the pan. Cool completely. Pull out the hardened mixture by grasping the wax/ parchment paper, lay on a flat surface and cut into squares. Coat or drizzle melted chocolate candy coating over cut bars. Lay on wax/parchment paper to set.

I started off by cutting more of candy bar sizes. But then realized they are pretty rich. So the next batch I cut them into fun size bars.
I found this recipe here


















Another one of our sweet creations that day was my super moist BANANA BREAD. You can find the recipe here. It turned out perfect like always, this isn't me bragging, the recipe is just amazing.


We had such a fun day of mixing, mashing, baking and tasting. With the holidays right around the corner I know this type of day will come again soon.

I have really been enjoying the products of my labor...homemade food and treats! There is something about knowing what it takes to produce the end result that makes the end result so much better.
God has been working in me, and producing a Godmade women, rather than a worldly manufactured product. And for that I will always consider myself blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment