Saturday, December 3, 2011

Best Banana Bread!!!

Ya that's right, I figured out how to make banana bread and actually did it!!! And guess what??? Not only was it AAAmazing but it was super easy too. I love that we will never waste another banana again. I just throw the one's that are two ripe to eat in the freezer and when I get three to four of them I get to baking. This bread turns out SUPER MOIST every time I bake it.





Here's the easy recipe...

Banana Bread Recipe

    Prep time: 5 minutes
    Cook time: 1 hour

Ingredients

    3 or 4 ripe bananas, smashed
    1/3 cup melted butter
    1 cup sugar (can easily reduce to 3/4 cup)
    1 egg, beaten
    1 teaspoon vanilla
    1 teaspoon baking soda
    Pinch of salt
    1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour

Method

No need for a mixer for this recipe. Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). With a wooden spoon, or potato masher, mash bananas in a large mixing bowl then mix in melted butter . Mix in the sugar, egg, and vanilla.
Sprinkle the baking soda and salt over the mixture and mix in. Add the flour last, mix.
Pour mixture into a buttered 4x8 inch loaf pan. Bake for 1 hour. Cool on a rack. Remove from pan
and slice to serve.

Next I want to try and make zucchini bread!

No comments:

Post a Comment