Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Mothers day

After church on mother's day it was a wet soggy mess and the forecast for the rest of the day didn't seem much better. But I remained hopeful. See, I had this delightful day planned in my head. It went like so... 
1. Church 
2. Return home to make a picnic lunch 
3. Enjoy said lunch while delighting in the smells and views of many many lilacs!

A little known fact about myself is that my favorite flowers are, yep you guessed it, lilacs! But somehow I didn't know about Ewing park and the lilac arboretum until last year and didn't make it out to see them before the blossoms died off. So I have been looking forward to making it out there this year! And in my mind mother's day seemed like the perfect day!

Well even though the weather didn't cooperate for a picnic, we just did lunch at home and when the clouds parted and the sun began to shine I jumped at the opportunity to get my family out there. 





And we got some amazing family photo's! If I had thought to grab my tripod we may have actually gotten an entire family photo but non the less we still got A LOT of really great one's!



We began by smelling that wonderful aroma, oh its so good!



And then we took a stroll through what they call the children's forest. We talked about the names of the different trees with the girls and Kayla began her collection of dandelions.


Baby Scherb #3 enjoyed the walk as well






Then we returned to the lilacs and enjoyed finding a sweet robins nest and taking more photos.








I have never seen a sweeter photo of these two!
Here you can see my true love for this flower




I felt so blessed to spend the afternoon enjoying the great outdoors and most of all my favorite people in the world! God has blessed me in great ways and I am thankful! Which makes me think of my memory verse for this week... Psalms 16:5-6 says...Lord, you alone are my inheritance, my cup of blessing. You guard all that is mine. The land you have given me is a pleasant land. What a wonderful inheritance!


No comments:

Post a Comment