Friday, May 9, 2014

Babymoon!

So if you haven't heard of a babymoon before all it really is, is a vacation for expecting parents before the baby arrives (or sometimes shortly after). And I though since Josh and I haven't spent a weekend alone since our honeymoon it was a great idea!

We choose to go to the Mall of America since neither of us had spent any time there as adults and his parents live on the way up there and agreed to watch our girls! I did my homework and found some great deals that got us a sweet hotel room with free passes to the Sea life aquarium in the mall and also found a groupon for the mirror maze at half price.

We headed up on a Thursday after Josh got off work and spent the night at my in-laws in Rockwell IA and then the next morning set off for the rest of our travels up to Eagan, MN. After checking into our room we headed off to the pool deciding that a friday at 3pm might be the best time to have the pool to our selves and we were right we enjoyed about an hour of fun alone.

One thing I requested that we do in our time alone was go out to one "fancy" dinner. I enjoy dressing up and going out but it doesn't happen much in our busy life with young children. We enjoyed a wonderful dinner at Doolittles Woodfire Grill!



Had to grab a few baby bump photos!
3


If I can recommend one thing to do at the mall it would be the mirror maze. The price is low and it is so much fun! I was a little nervous that it may be too "easy" or just not that fun but I was so wrong! They have you wear plastic gloves and ask you to keep your hands in front of you so you don't run into any mirrors, I though "sure like I won't be able to tell what's a mirror", again wrong! We went through for about 10mins laughing and having a good time and then found what we thought was the end, I was a little sad thinking oh that's it, again WRONG! We had only found our way back to the beginning! So Josh says "this time just follow me" and we found the end, again WRONG! At this point I was laughing really hard because we just couldn't find the end! Third time is a charm and in our third attempt to make our way through the maze we found our way out. Laughing all the way, love it!





My husband loves lego's! They bring back many childhood memories for him, I am also a fan.





I really like taking photo's of odd things and angles so I let my husband roam the store while I snapped a few fun photo's of there huge lego piece wall.













Onto Sea Life!




My favorite part was being able to touch some sea life!





This guy felt so neat, just like a spiky rock!



 These eels reminded me so much of the little mermaid! Ursala's eels!
 These worms creeped me out!



 He was waving "Hi"



 I love how pretty the jelly fish are!


 Look at the cute little horsey


 Now that's a big turtle



 Poisonous dart frogs

These little dudes were a bit scary


Over all I couldn't have asked for a more fun filled weekend with my husband and as an added bonus this pregnant lady got in some exercise by walking her tush off in the mall. So thankful for my husband and time alone with him!

No comments:

Post a Comment