A large crock pot
1 lb hamburger
1 can tomato sauce
2 sm/reg. cans diced tomatoes
1 sm/med onion
5-6 green peppers
1/2 tbs garlic powder
1/2 tbs salt
pinch of pepper
1 tbs of worcestershire sauce
1 cup of uncooked rice
Here's the simple steps...
- Chop off top of green peppers and remove and discard stem, reserve rest of the top for later.
- Clean out seeds and membranes of green peppers.
- Dice up the leftover top of the green pepper and onion.
- Cook hamburger, onion and diced green pepper in a large saute pan.
- Add worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper, garlic powder, diced tomatoes.
- Add uncooked rice *(I originally tried cooking my rice first then adding it, but found that the rice continued to cook so much in the crock pot that it became mushy)
- Add 1/3 of the can of tomato sauce to mixture
- Place green peppers in crock pot and fill with meat/rice mixture
- Dump rest of tomato sauce over peppers
- Cook 3-4 hrs on high in crock pot.
|Sorry for the lousy photograph!|