Thursday, September 27, 2012

Hot pink caramel rice krispy treats! WHAT?!

First let me send you over to Our Best Bites blog for the AMAZING caramel recipe. I know what your thinking, you could just buy some caramel right? WRONG! Do not miss out on this recipe. I can't stress enough how delicious this caramel is. And you only need 6 ingredients...Go!                                

http://www.ourbestbites.com/2009/06/buttermilk-caramel-syrup

This will make enough for the rice krispie treats plus you will have lots of left overs to be able to use to your hearts desire. A lot of it ends up on a spoon, in my mouth.

Ok once you have that ooey gooey caramel finished up set it aside and begin to make your rice krispie treats.

6 cups rice krispies
1 lg (10oz I think) of marshmallows
1/3c. of the AMAZING caramel sauce + a little for topping

Combine the caramel and marshmallows in a large sauce pan. Heat on med. high stirring frequently. Once the marshmallows are completely melted add drops of pink food coloring (or whatever color you prefer) to the sauce until desired color is obtained.

In a large bowl combine sauce and rice krispies a little at a time mixing well with a buttered spatula. I also butter my hands

Press treats into pan and drizzle with remaining caramel.






No comments:

Post a Comment