Thursday, September 24, 2015

Thankful for His resurrection

Easter this year felt a little different, well it was different...our hearts were still freshly wounded by the loss of Josh's mother, Carol. I know I wasn't the only one who felt like there was a gaping hole in the house as we all gathered to celebrate the resurrection of our Lord Jesus. It was just 4 weeks earlier we had all said goodbye to a women who had forever impacted our lives. 



Carol was so many things I am not, things I inspire to be. But the one thing that really stuck out to me about Carol was how she always remained calm. Calm, when every nerve in my body was shot and I felt like I had steam coming out of my ears! When my children were running, screaming, arguing, disobeying...there she was with a calm attitude and sweet gentle voice. A voice that encouraged them to, yes ultimately correct their behavior but it never came out of her mouth that way, no it always came out as this encouraging, loving suggestion that my children responded to. That, that is something I inspire to be, calm, gentle, and loving in my responses to the chaos that sometimes comes with raising young children. I thank Carol for being a great example of a Godly mother. I only wish I had more time to spend learning from her.  

Clinging to Hebrews 13:14- For this world is not our permanent home; we are looking forward to a home yet to come.

 Although the air was heavy with our grief I wanted to make sure the girls still had some fun to distract them from the difficult changes. They were a delight to watch as I lead them around Grandpa's house on a Easter scavenger hunt for their baskets.








Then out to enjoy grandpa's yard and the nice weather!












No comments:

Post a Comment