Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Mini vacation part 2

After our visit to Waverly we headed to our destination of Rockwell where Josh's parents live. We spent four nights enjoying them, relaxing and visiting another great park. With all this wonderful warm March weather we thought we must be outside.

Again we started off at the swings...















Grandpa Scherb was their cheering squad!

Then we moved on to the super cool train!








Here Grandpa Scherb popped his head in to say Hi!
YES! that was fun


After running all over this amazing playground, my husband suggest taking a walk to see the rest of the park. I though hhmmm rest of the park? I could see there was a sidewalk around the outside of the playground but didn't see that it really went anywhere but to the bathrooms. Boy was I wrong! Past the bathrooms there is the rest of this HUGE park. It had like five more smaller playgrounds!!! A river running through it and lots of merry go rounds!


Isn't this weeping willow just beautiful?!



Just one of the things I love about my in-laws... their sense of humor!!!








Daddy seemed to spot something interesting in the stream

Tada!!! Super dad!








This is some of the cuteness we experienced while indoors. Grandma Carol is smart and got out some bowls and spoons for miss Kayla to play with. This is what she did with the bowl...

spoons and a bowl hhhmmm?

hey... I think my face might fit in there...

Yep!.... It does



They love each other so much!


We had an extra bonus to our trip to the park. My husband said "hey that kid over there looks like Kai!" I took a look and sure enough it was my nephew Kai that lives their in Mason city! It was so wonderful to see him and get to see his mom and sisters as well. What a blessing!

No comments:

Post a Comment